Saturday, April 21, 2012

TANNER TIME!





So Ben was dressed in the sterilized scrubs and we were in the O.R. Everything was happening so fast. The have you swallow this super sick concoctions. It is so that if you throw up while you are strapped to the table it wont burn you lungs. Well it made me sick and I instantly started to throw up. Because of my migraines I like to think that I am pro at throwing up. I didn't get any on me or anywhere but in the small container they gave me. (Not really something to be proud of but whatever) So the Doctor asked how I was feeling and asked if I could feel her touching my stomach. I said I could and they gave me a little more of my epidural. To be honest I am not sure how much I could feel I was just wanting more epidural just to be on the safe side. I meant they are cutting me open while Im awake I needed it! Then she asked me again and started to cut. It was so weird to know that behind the shield my insides were showing. That the Doctor was getting my baby out. I was so excited to know that I would be able to see Tanner soon!

When they pulled Tanner out and I heard his cry. . . words can not describe the feeling I had although I will try. During my pregnancy I was so excited for my baby. I had always wanted to be a mother and now this dream of mine would become a reality! I thought I had a connection with Tanner before he was born, feeling him move inside of me. I would talk to him and sing to him in the car and just love him even though he was inside of me. I felt a love for him before I even knew him. When I heard him cry for the first time I loved him even more. I couldn't see him from where I was but I knew he was beautiful and that he was ours. That he was a blessing from god given to Ben and I. He was perfect in every way. I could not wait to see him or hold him in my arms. I looked at Ben and we were both in tears. He could see them cleaning Tanner and he said that he was so beautiful and man is that the truth!

They came and laid Tanner on my chest I cherish that moment. The moment where we were together the three of us! Moments like that is what life is all about! I remember Tanner had some blood coming out of his mouth and I just wiped it on my chest the mother instinct kicking in from the beginning.

Some people say it takes time to bond with a child. In my case, all I have to say it that it was meant to be. We are so happy. Tanner is such a great happy baby boy! With his perfect 10 little fingers and 10 little toes, his cute button nose, Bens eyes, my dimples, he is everything we could ever ask for and more.

Here are some of the pictures of Tanner in the hospital sorry some are from my phone so they are super blurry.  Enjoy!

My Grandpa with Tanner! 
Tanners Great Grandpa!

A happy mom!
Tanner in his cute Owl hat! He is spoiled Both Auntie Megan and Auntie Ade made him Owl hats!

My perfect yellow baby!

This is what heaven looks like
Aunt Megan

1 comment:

  1. Love the blog!! The sides are so cute! Way to go, now you just have to keep posting. Love this Tanner man post!

    ReplyDelete